Sunday, April 16, 2006

VACATION

It has been one day over a month since I last wrote. A lot has taken place since then and all though I do have a little remorse for not being so consistent with my writing. I do know that with practice, a little patience and a some more persistence that I will become a dependable wealth of information and nonsense.

It is 1:47 A.M. Easter Sunday and my family and myself have finally arrived at our current destination, Vernal Utah. We started our holiday Friday and drove from our home to my sister's home in Nampa, Idaho. We had a late start so we didn't arrive until late. Saturday we awoke with the intention of getting an early start but the day had other ideas. But hey we are on vacation so let's go with the flow...


We woke late, fixed breakfast for everyone and during our meal our parents happened by. It was quite jovial. Thanks to Dan (my B-in-L)and his trip to the coffeshop we were awake enough to enjoy the day. Mari surprised us all by earlier having hidden eggs for an Easter Egg hunt. Needless to say the kid's were thrilled. Note the Picture with trophies in hand.

After having packed the car, cleaning up breakfast and settling down from the excitement of candy and the thrill of the hunt we were ALL off on the start of the days trip. I had planned to head straight to Salt Lake City then to the cabals store, eat a late lunch then onto Vernal. We made other plans deciding to go see Shoshone Falls since they are spectacular this year with the over flow of water.


The men took one vehicle and Mari, myself and the three munch-kins the other. Dan and Ryan (my husband) took an alternate route and we headed out to meet them further on. Needless to say us girls got talking and we totally missed the exit to Twin Falls. You can chalk it up to being oblivious thinking a nice bright green sign would let us know when and where to turn. Didn't happen. We made it to Burley and wondered where Twin Falls went. We fessed up to the guys and they got a good chuckle over it. We made it to the gorge (see pic below) BUT the Falls area was loaded. It would have taken an hour a least just to park, walk the mile, gawk, walk back and head out. It is a shame I was looking forward to viewing it.

We split up and Ryan, me and the boys headed out. It was a long trip with a few potty stops and a lot of "Are we there yet?" and "How much longer?" The scenery was awesome having never been in Utah other than an airport. It is very different from Idaho. Salt Lake City is HUGE! It just rolls down the valley spreading wider and wider. Ryan and I felt very closed in. The freeway was endless and the crazy drivers...don't get me started. We made it into Cabela's at 7:42 P.M. Roughly and hour to negate the gigantic camp store on steroids. The boys loved it. The fish, the stuffed animals and all the boy toys. Ryan was in seventh heaven. Needless to say we spent the time wisely. We got out without parting from too much dough.





A quick gas and food stop and off we were to Vernal. We got misdirected twice. Once by the directions themselves, the area having changed from the info off the internet and once by a gas station attendant. Yes me not Ryan asked twice!! BUT we did not lose it. There was no yelling. Just a little stress. It was a long haul. Saw lots of road kill, one coyote, and lots of missed scenery. I need to find out what we almost hit. It was black, furry, quick and the size of a beaver. I ask someone tomorrow. Well time for bed. Happy Easter God Bless and until tomorrow! Ilena

No comments: