Friday, December 01, 2006

still here I think.

Well I am very inundated with work here at the funeral home office. I have stacks of paper in front of me and plenty to do BUT I just don't want to do it right know. I am staring out the window at work and trying this bleep.

It has been snowing here and it seems so much like Christmas and not JUST the first of December. We have about 5-6 inches. I promised the wee ones that we would decorate the Christmas tree last night and we did until 11:00 pm. I forget every year how much stuff I have. Four trips to the garage! The children want to dive right in but it takes a little preparation and organization. Once I got everything out and ready they had a fun time trimming the tree. It went as any one would expect; the husband mumbles and wrestles the tree into place and puts it together only to discover that the top of the tree won't light. A few sighs then a scurrying around to find replacement bulbs, only to discover that there are none. He steals them from a string of lights that have been used as such the previous year (it positively looks decrypted). Then the calm sets in as he trys to be patient taking out each bulb to find the burnt one...only to discover after spending oodles of time doing so there isn't one. A barrage of *&#$! erupts as the wife goes and calms the husband soothing him. A new set of lights will placed on the tree BUT then again those lights are wadded up entangled with other lights into a tight ball.... the next trial begins. You can get an idea how it went. We did finish with hot coca and everyone snuggling on the couch with all the lights out watching the tree lights twinkle as the little ones feel asleep with the snow gently falling.

I am still waiting for my computer replacement. I lost my computer's HD recently to a four year old dropping it and lost all my pictures. I cried! My own fault..back-up back-up!!! Then my back-up computer went down also. Isn't that always the way it goes. I would love to post pictures but this is my work computer and I'll wait to load my camera etc on my rebuilt computer once it's up. Well I'd had better tackle the pile or it will mass itself into a pile of procrastination waiting to happen!

May everyone enjoy the Season in wonderment and joy. God Bless. Ilena D.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Welcome back! It's so nice to see something on your blog!
Lori